Influences describe what kind of contacts your character has in the
mortal world. The number of these influences determine how much
sway you have in that particular field. You are able to derive money,
equipment, information and favors from these contacts.
For a detailed discussion of influences and how they work, please check out the brief influence tutorial by Mark Zohn.
There are 15 types of Influence in AIT,
they are listed below.
- Bureaucracy - Bureaucracy represents your contacts within government
agencies such as the EPA or IRS.
- Church - With Church, you know people involved with large religious
and spiritual institutions such as the Catholic Church
- Finance - You can use Finance to influence banks, investment firms,
and other groups that handle large amounts of money.
- Health - A Kindred with Health has managed to make some friends in
the medical industry, giving him access to hospitals and
- High Society - High Society represents influence within the upper
crust of the "social elite". You probably rub elbows
with movie stars, wealthy dilettantes, and people who
throw great parties.
- Industry - You have connections in the industrial sector of society,
who will sometimes give you raw materials or construction
- Legal - Lawyers, judges, legal clerks, and even law students are
covered by this influence.
- Media - A useful influence in the "Information Age", Media grants
you some sway over what events make it into the public eye,
and how they are portrayed.
- Occult - Occult represents spiritual contacts of a slightly less
large and institutionalized nature than Church. You
interact with psychics, paranormal investigators, and even
voodoo witch doctors.
- Police - With Police, you have some friends "down town" that you can
call to redirect unwanted attention.
- Politics - You know people at various levels of the political
process, from local office holders to PACS and special
- Street - Using Street, you can call on a wide variety of unsavory
characters, small-time crooks, hobos, and gang members when
you need a favor.
- Transportation - Important for Kindred, who have a difficult time
traversing the countryside, the Transportation
influence represents sway in organizations such as
MARTA, Amtrack, or Delta.
- Underworld - With underworld, you can contact organized crime
bosses, drug cartels, arms dealers, and other dangerous
- University - University represents contacts in the academia, from
proffessors and philosophy students to librarians and